Availability: - DUE BACK IN STOCK: APRIL
|Account Holders Pay||£12.24 - Not an account holder yet or not logged in? Click here|
|Account Holders Save||£1.36|
Availability: - OUT OF STOCK WITH MANUFACTURER
Free from: gluten, wheat, lactose, added sugar, salt, yeast, preservatives or artificial colourings. Non-irradiated. Against animal testing.
What are the benefits of vitamin d? Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin. It is also known as the sunshine vitamin as the human body can manufacture it when exposed to sunlight. Well known for its role in regulating calcium levels, Vitamin D is now attracting attention for its other roles and benefits to the body.
Vitamin D is necessary for the maintenance of healthy bones and teeth in adults and children, and some of the benefits include:
- Arthritis and other similar conditions occur as a result of the breakdown of cartilage in the joints. Vitamin D is required to maintain healthy cartilage.
- Low levels of vitamin D may be a factor in high blood pressure.
- Studies suggest that vitamin D deficiency may be linked to Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) and mood disorders.
- Vitamin D has a variety of effects on the immune system and is crucial for its optimal function.
- Vitamin D deficiency may prevent sugar management by the body leading to high blood glucose levels.
- Vitamin D is required for the uptake of calcium required for various functions.
- Suitable for coeliacs, vegetarians and diabetics.
The classic vitamin D deficiency disease is rickets. Yet as fear of sun-exposure has grown and lifestyles have become more sedentary, exposure to the sun has dropped dramatically and vitamin D deficiency and the incidence of rickets has surged. The skin cannot create vitamin D if covered in sunscreen or clothing, it is thought that a sun cream with SPF15 will reduce the skinís ability to synthesize vitamin D by more than 95%
Many older people and those from the Asian community who tend to wear more modest clothing are amongst the population groups most like to suffer deficiency in vitamin D.
Dietary sources of vitamin D include fortified foods, eggs and fatty fish. Most commonly-available Vitamin D3 supplements are sourced from the lanolin in sheepís wool. The source of vitamin D in Viridian Nutrition Vitamin D3 capsules is Lichen which provides vegan naturally derived Vitamin D3.
As a food supplement, take one capsule daily with food, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Vegan Vitamin D3 extracted from Lichen 400iu in a base of Alfalfa, vegetarian cellulose capsule 95mg. 100% Active ingredients.
TRENDING ON OUR BLOG
Nature's tonic! - Click here.
How To Beat The Blues - Click here.
The Vitamin Of Mood And Light - Click here.
Getting A Good Night's Sleep - Click here.
D-Day Is Everyday! - Click here.
Code - VIR/274
Caution: If you have a medical condition, consult your health practitioner before taking any supplements. Always read the label first.