1. Legal Information
Below are the terms and conditions which apply to information contained in the pages of Elixirhealth.co.uk, i.e., `the Website` and to the ordering of any products from the website. By placing an order, you (`the buyer`) agree to and accept our terms and conditions.
All transactions undertaken through this website are governed by English Law.
2. Health Disclaimer
The information provided on this web site is for informational purposes only and should not be used for diagnosis. Neither is it intended as a substitute for advice from your GP or other qualified health practitioner. Please read all product packaging carefully before use and remember, if in any doubt at all, seek advice from a professional before taking any dietary, nutritional, herbal or homeopathic supplement.
We do not recommend any supplement as a drug or as a diagnosis for specific illnesses or conditions, nor as a product to eliminate diseases or other medical conditions or complications. We make no medical claims as to the benefits of any of the products to improve medical conditions.
We always recommend that you work in conjunction with your primary medical advisor, particularly if you have an existing medical condition, and that you do not take any products during pregnancy or breast-feeding without first referring to your primary medical advisor.
3. Further Safeguard
Before making your purchase think seriously about the following questions:
- Am I taking prescription medication?
- Am I taking or intend to take nutritional or herbal supplements?
If the answer is `yes` to both these questions, we advise you to check with your doctor that the combination of your medication and supplements is right.
4. Satisfaction Guarantee
- At Elixir we only keep the best products, at competitive prices. Because of our high standards, we always aim to guarantee your total satisfaction.
- We honour all requirements of UK Consumer Protection law and without affecting your statutory rights as a consumer we will replace or refund the price of any products which we consider unsatisfactory. We really do hope you enjoy shopping with us and become a loyal customer. If at any time you are unhappy with our dealings, we aim to resolve any issues as quickly and amicably as possible.
- The products we sell are generally made from natural ingredients and it is important to note the colour and taste can vary from batch to batch in line with manufacture.
5. Shipping and Handling
- It is our aim to offer a fast and reliable delivery service, using the method specified in the checkout procedure. The cost of your delivery is automatically calculated according to the final amount of the order. This prevents those ordering small items from being over-charged.
Other Important Information
- Our company policy is to try to despatch all orders as soon as possible. If items are unavailable then we will contact you to advise those that are not in stock and those, which can be sent immediately. Obviously, we can not be held responsible for delays in the postal services. It is always best to allow up to seven working days for delivery.
- We do not deliver to P.O. Box addresses because of the poor security involved.
- For deliveries within England, Scotland and the Channel Islands our charges are as follows:
: 0 - £19.99, Delivery Charge
: Over £20.00, Delivery Charge
6. Overseas Deliveries
- It had been necessary to increase the security of our overseas deliveries and therefore there are variable charges dependent on destination. In general the costs below apply, but for 'large quantities' postage will be by weight and customers will be notified prior to sending.
- For standard deliveries within Europe - £7.95
- For Royal Mail European Track and Sign For - £12.00 - Recommended*
- For deliveries within the rest of the world - £10.95
* We strongly recommend using a tracked service
- For deliveries withing the rest of the world, Track and Sign For - £18.00 - Recommended*
as it's impossible for our company in the UK to know what has delayed or misplaced a parcel in another country, other than waiting patiently for it to arrive. With a tracking code, you can easily see where your parcel is at any time. To reassure you very few parcels ever get lost, just delayed which can sometimes be worrying.
Incorrectly selected Delivery Zones will automatically be corrected and a 50p surcharge added to cover bank transaction charges.
- Every order we send is despatched either first class Royal Mail, or if the parcel exceeds 1kg, at our discretion, send the goods by parcel post, which can take a few days longer to reach you. On any recorded delivery, a signature may be required on delivery. In the case of recorded deliveries which fail to be delivered, an acknowledgement card will be left stating the time and place for you to collect. International orders will take a little longer.
If orders weigh more than two kilos we will often send packages in two separate boxes in the interests of security and safety.
- As an online retailer, we are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our delivery schedule is governed by the post office who are open six days a week from 9.00-5.00. Please consider Public Holiday closing.
- All our prices are listed in GBP (British Pounds). Your Credit Card Company will automatically convert the transaction to your currency at the going rate at the time of purchase.
- We have introduced the equivalent Euro price next to the GBP price - this is for information only.
- We debit your card when the order is placed since all transactions automatically involves Sage Pay who are the largest independent Payment Service Provider in the UK. If we need to split your order, no extra charges will be made unless we have agreed this additional charge with you in advance.
- The price you see against a product is inclusive of UK VAT @ 20%
- Any additional charges for customs clearance must be borne by you. We have no control over these charges and can't predict what they may be. Customs policies vary widely from country to country, so you should contact your local customs office for further information. Additionally, please note that when ordering from Elixirhealth.co.uk, you're considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you're receiving the goods. Furthermore we will not refund goods or shipping costs for products which, for any reason, have not been cleared by customs or where the receiver has not paid the relevant import duties and charges.
Generally customs forms for international parcels will list the value of the contents. We'd also like our international customers to be aware that cross-border deliveries are subject to opening and inspection by customs authorities. We may also provide certain order, delivery and product information, such as titles, to our international carriers and such information may be communicated by the carriers to customs authorities to facilitate customs clearance and comply with local laws.
If the order is a gift, the package is marked "Gift" but the cost of the item is still stated on the customs form. Customs authorities require us to state the value of the gift item directly on the parcel.
7. Secure Ordering
- We use Sage Pay as our "gateway" to collect all credit card details. They use SSL (Secure Socket Layer technology) to accept your payment details. The padlock symbol is displayed at the bottom of the screen. Elixirhealth does not have access to your credit card number since this is sent directly to Sage Pay.
Sage Pay provide secure online credit card and debit card payment solutions for thousands of online and mail order businesses and are the largest independent Payment Service Provider in the UK. Sage Pay has achieved the highest level of compliance under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI). They adhere to the most stringent levels of fraud screening, ensuring that customer's details remain secure throughout the transaction process.
8. Returns and Refunds
- Do telephone or email us first to discuss the matter.
- In accordance with your consumer rights, you may return any product you buy from us without any fuss for full refund. If you decide you do not want the goods you need to inform us in writing within 14 days of delivery and return the goods within the same period. An email is acceptable. A telephone call is not. The value of the item(s) refunded will be refunded to your card including the original postage, if you paid by credit or debit card. We will not refund the cost of return postage. Please note: a deduction may be made for unnecessary handling where it diminishes the value of the goods.
You should return it to us, post-paid to:
Elixir Health Foods
47 Molesworth Street
- The guarantee is only valid if the product has not been opened or tampered with and providing proof of purchase is enclosed. We also require that all goods be returned by recorded delivery, or that customers obtain a Certificate of Posting from the Post Office as we cannot be held responsible for any goods lost during transit.
- If you have any questions about this, please email us at email@example.com
9. The Price, Payment and Description
- The price of the products will be the price quoted in the web site at the time we accept your order. The price will include any relevant value added tax, and the cost of delivery.
- In addition to the price, you will have to pay our delivery charges as quoted in our terms and conditions at the time we accept your order - unless you qualify for free delivery.
- In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price or described incorrectly because of a typographical error, error by our suppliers, or a manufacturer reformulation of the ingredients of the product without our awareness, we reserve the right to cancel any orders placed whether or not the order has been confirmed and payment charged. Of course, in such a case, if you no longer wish the product, we will issue a refund immediately.
Methods of Payment
- We reserve the right to alter our prices in accordance with fluctuations in market forces
If you choose not to purchase online, there are a number of other options:
Drop us a line to discuss your order. At some point we will need to take your credit card details, and generally do this over the phone.
- By Phone (Mail Order): 01208 814500.
Please be patient and be prepared for occasional delays in dealing with your enquiry. (Just to say: we know of no documented cases of credit card fraud using our shopping system over the internet and it is for the ease and speed of receiving orders that we encourage online purchasing.
- We accept the following cards:
'Cookies' are small harmless pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser.
Copyright and Trademark Notice
Unless otherwise specified, all materials appearing on this site, including the text, site design, logos, graphics, icons, and images, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof, are the sole property of Elixirhealth(UK) Ltd, Copyright © 2000, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
You may use the content of this site only for the purpose of shopping on this site or placing an order on this site and for no other purpose. No materials from this site may be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means without our prior written permission. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on this site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties
As part of our policy of continuous review, these terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice and at the discretion of Elixirhealth(UK) Ltd. At no point do they affect your statutory rights.